The Roger Monos-4 is a powerfulswing gate operator capable of moving gates of up to 400kg or 4m wide. It has a compact 24v brushless motor that is capable of 100% duty cycle and has the smoothest torque application in the market. Being low voltage, the operator is inherently safer than high voltage operators and has the additional benefit that there are multiple power options.
- Max Gate Size - up to 4m or 400kg. See chart.
- Input Power - 230V AC
- Motor Power - 200W, 24V brushless
- Max thrust - 2200N
- Speed - 19-35 sec to 90deg (depends on geometry)
- End Stops - none - needs external stops
- Control Board - B70-2DC
- Mains - the most reliable option if it is possible to get 230v out to the gate.
- External Transformer - put a transformer inside the house or garage and run low voltage AC out to the gate using a garden light cable.
- Solar - Roger Automation is very energy efficient and suits solar power. The specification of your panel(s) and batteries depends on your application and we will help you select the right solar solution.
- Read more about power options on our FenceLab Learning Page.
The Roger Automation range of brushless gate operators offer huge advantages over traditional brushed motors.
- High torque to weight ratio – these low voltage motors can now be applied to applications that were once only served by larger 230v / 415v motors.
- Increased efficiency – Significantly reduced losses due to the motor construction. The omission of brushes and the fact that the motor windings are supported by the motor housing, any heat generated is cooled by conduction resulting in ultra low power consumption and a super intensive duty cycle.
- Longer lifetime, increased reliability and reduced noise – This is achieved due to the elimination of brush or commutator erosion, ionizing sparks and the overall reduction of electromagnetic interference.
- Higher speeds – Brushless motors are capable of higher speeds without the loss of torque. Brushed motors develop maximum torque when stationary, linearly decreasing as velocity increases.
- Superior control & motor positioning – Utilising the pulses from the undriven coils within the brushless motor and the technology incorporated in the controller the motor is capable of achieving precise control and positioning. One obvious advantage to this is significantly reduced stresses to the motor and gearbox resulting in the overall longevity, sustainability and reliability of the unit.
SHIPPING WITHIN NZ
Components - brackets, hinges, gate operators etc are generally off the shelf and we will dispatch the same day for orders before 2pm and next day for orders after. Deliveries go out by courier. We use NZC and our shipping charges are closely matched to what we get charged.
Long or Bulky Items - such as gate track, rolls of chain link mesh or barrier arms go out by Streamline freight. Delivery can take a day or two depending on your location. We do our best to charge only the actual cost.
Fence Panels and Gates - are managed by inquiry only as the logistics of production and site delivery are best discussed with you or your trades people. We have our own hiab truck that can be used to drop your order right on site but it will need careful planning. Talk to us about these kind of requests.
We're happy to ship overseas and have some regular export customers. But most of our product is heavy and freight can be very expensive for small orders. So we encourage our international customers to put through their inquiry and let us quote the freight before they make a purchase decision.
We only put the credit card payment through after we've dispatched the goods so that if there are any stockouts or delays you can be contacted to make an informed decision.
We're happy to accept returns for standard off-the-shelf product that is un-used and in its original packaging. But if you're ordering something that will be custom made for you then we'll not be able to accept a return in any circumstances. On standard items we reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee. Talk to us before returning goods so that we can issue you with a return authority number so our store people can match your return to your order.
Edgesmith's technicial support provides you with the support you need to have confidence when specifying or installing Roger Automation.