The Roger Bionik-8 is a powerful automatic barrier arm capable of moving an 8m arm up to 2500 times per day. It has a compact 36v brushless motor that delivers the smoothest torque application in the market, prolonging the life of the gearing, beam and other mechanical parts. Being low voltage, the operator is inherently safer than high voltage operators and has the additional benefit that there are multiple power options.
- Max Beam Length - up to 8m
- Input Power - 230V AC
- Motor Power - 300W, 36V brushless
- Max torque- 400Nm
- Opening time- 9-29 sec
- Master/Slave Operation - Available
- Control Board - CTRL
- Mains - the most reliable option if it is possible to get 230v out to the gate.
- External Transformer - put a transformer inside the house or garage and run low voltage AC out to the gate using a garden light cable.
- Solar - Roger Automation is very energy efficient and suits solar power. The specification of your panel(s) and batteries depends on your application and we will help you select the right solar solution.
- Read more about power options on our FenceLab Learning Page.
The Roger Automation range of brushless gate operators offer huge advantages over traditional brushed motors.
- High torque to weight ratio – these low voltage motors can now be applied to applications that were once only served by larger 230v / 415v motors.
- Increased efficiency – Significantly reduced losses due to the motor construction. The omission of brushes and the fact that the motor windings are supported by the motor housing, any heat generated is cooled by conduction resulting in ultra low power consumption and a super intensive duty cycle.
- Longer lifetime, increased reliability and reduced noise – This is achieved due to the elimination of brush or commutator erosion, ionizing sparks and the overall reduction of electromagnetic interference.
- Higher speeds – Brushless motors are capable of higher speeds without the loss of torque. Brushed motors develop maximum torque when stationary, linearly decreasing as velocity increases.
- Superior control & motor positioning – Utilising the pulses from the undriven coils within the brushless motor and the technology incorporated in the controller the motor is capable of achieving precise control and positioning. One obvious advantage to this is significantly reduced stresses to the motor and gearbox resulting in the overall longevity, sustainability and reliability of the unit.
Edgesmith's technicial support provides you with the support you need to have confidence when specifying or installing Roger Automation.